Mount School, The
The Friends’ Girls’ School was first established at Trinity Lane in 1785. It moved to Tower Street in 1795 and re-established in Castlegate in 1831 and then moved to The Mount in 1857. In 1939 the School evacuated to Cober Hill, near Scarborough, returning the following year.
Pupils have included the daughters of many leading Quakers families from the Victorian era, including the Tukes, Cadburys, and Rowntrees.
The school motto is Fidelis in Parvo, meaning “faithfulness in small things”.
Sarah Sheils, Among Friends: The Story of The Mount School, York (James & James Publishers Ltd., 2007).
The Mount School http://www.mountschoolyork.co.uk/